Benefits of Houseplants
As well as purifying the air we breathe, the presence of indoor plants have also been shown to have many other beneficial effects.
These benefits include:
- Increased positive feelings and reduced feelings of anxiety, anger and sadness.
- Reduction of sound levels
- Reduction of stress levels
- Control of humidity to the within the optimum levels for human health
- Cooling effect
- Absorption of carbon dioxide and emission of oxygen refreshing the air
- Improved concentration levels leading to improved productivity particularly with those working with computers
- Reduction of absenteeism in the workplace
- Faster recovery from mental tiredness
- Interiors feel spacious, looked after and clean
- People prefer to occupy rooms that contain plants
- Improved image - interiors are perceived as "more expensive"
Top 9 Air Purifying Plants - The following plants are most effective in removing potentially harmful chemicals-including those in paints, varnishes, dry cleaning fluids, car exhaust fumes and tobacco smoke-from the air in your home:
- Dragon tree
- Spider plants
- Peace lilies