Welcome to Iron Acton Garden Centre
Welcome to Iron Acton Garden Centre, a family owned and run independent garden centre. Come and see us for a great selection of seasonal plants, gardening products, gifts and furniture, as well as trained and friendly staff who are always on hand to help. We hope to see you soon.
Allotment Sue brings you regular updates on her journey to self-sufficiency. Share her experiences as she tackles the ups and downs of growing her own fruit, veg, flowers and herbs as well as coping with the challenges of erratic weather, invasive weeds and peckish birds!
Grow bags are incredibly useful throughout the garden: just pop them anywhere you want to grow plants but don't have soil, like the edge of a patio or outside the back door. They give you an instant growing space for sweet peas, annual climbers like morning glory, or productive herbs, vegetabl…Read more »
- Green walls and roof gardens play a far greater part in improving city living 28 September 2016
- Bulbs can light up your garden with colour. 26 September 2016
- Sow winter lettuce 26 September 2016
- The ultimate harvest festival gets under way next weekend 23 September 2016
- Spending just half an hour a day gardening could reduce your risk of heart attack by over 50% 21 September 2016
Go mad for bulbs
Stock up on spring bulbs for a brilliantly colourful display next spring. You'll find a huge range now on sale in the garden centre, from daffodils and crocuses to grape hyacinths, windflowers (Anemone blanda) and beautiful chequered snakeshead fritillaries. Hold back on planting tulips for now, though, as early planting risks disease.