Welcome to Iron Acton Garden Centre
Welcome to Iron Acton Garden Centre, a family owned and run independent garden centre. Come and see us for a great selection of seasonal plants, gardening products, gifts and furniture, as well as trained and friendly staff who are always on hand to help. We hope to see you soon.
Allotment Sue brings you regular updates on her journey to self-sufficiency. Share her experiences as she tackles the ups and downs of growing her own fruit, veg, flowers and herbs as well as coping with the challenges of erratic weather, invasive weeds and peckish birds!
Few plants are as easy-going as herbs. You can pop them in any spare corner and they'll settle in without fuss. Many of the herbs you'll find in our South Gloucestershire garden centre are evergreen, too, so they'll perform all year without demanding much in return.
But to encourag…Read more »
NOW: 2 for £10
NOW: 2 for £10
- The world’s longest double herbaceous borders 26 August 2016
- Plant flowers for bats and win some fantastic wildlife gardening prizes 19 August 2016
- Have a go at square foot gardening 17 August 2016
- Gardeners can play a key role in preventing flooding 15 August 2016
- It’s National Allotments Week this week 12 August 2016
Pick up diseased leaves which fall to the ground around roses and dispose of them, as the fungal spores can overwinter in the soil. Don't compost them, though: burn or put in the green waste bin so they don't survive to infect your plants next year too.