Welcome to Iron Acton Garden Centre
Welcome to Iron Acton Garden Centre, a family owned and run independent garden centre. Come and see us for a great selection of seasonal plants, gardening products, gifts and furniture, as well as trained and friendly staff who are always on hand to help. We hope to see you soon.
Allotment Sue brings you regular updates on her journey to self-sufficiency. Share her experiences as she tackles the ups and downs of growing her own fruit, veg, flowers and herbs as well as coping with the challenges of erratic weather, invasive weeds and peckish birds!
Britain's best-loved flower, roses are found in almost every garden in the country especially in South Gloucestershire. And it's little wonder: they're elegant, stately plants that just take your breath away as soon as they flower, with those heartbreakingly beautiful petals and perfume to fil…Read more »
NOW: 2 for £10
NOW: 2 for £10
- The world’s longest double herbaceous borders 26 August 2016
- Plant flowers for bats and win some fantastic wildlife gardening prizes 19 August 2016
- Have a go at square foot gardening 17 August 2016
- Gardeners can play a key role in preventing flooding 15 August 2016
- It’s National Allotments Week this week 12 August 2016
Save your spuds
As soon as you notice the first signs of blight on potatoes, cut away all the top growth and you'll save your tubers. Rain washes the spores from infected leaves into the ground, and on to the spuds underneath: take the foliage away, though, and your spuds stay unharmed.