Welcome to Iron Acton Garden Centre
Welcome to Iron Acton Garden Centre, a family owned and run independent garden centre. Come and see us for a great selection of seasonal plants, gardening products, gifts and furniture, as well as trained and friendly staff who are always on hand to help. We hope to see you soon.
Allotment Sue brings you regular updates on her journey to self-sufficiency. Share her experiences as she tackles the ups and downs of growing her own fruit, veg, flowers and herbs as well as coping with the challenges of erratic weather, invasive weeds and peckish birds!
- It’s Wild about Gardens Week this week 24 October 2016
- Two elm trees thought extinct in Britain have been discovered 21 October 2016
- Dry tomatoes and other fruits 19 October 2016
- A prison in Lancashire has won a prestigious award for its gardens 17 October 2016
- Clear away plant supports 14 October 2016
Revitalise your lawn
Top dress your lawn to revitalise the upper layer of soil and boost the rooting power of your grass. Mix up a compost of three parts sieved garden soil, two parts sharp sand and one part compost. Spread a 2cm layer over the lawn and rake it in.